My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Things That Make Disneyland Wonderful

So, I know I've been sort of slacking lately on my "Week of Wonderful" posts, so this week I figured I could change it up a bit.  Last week, we took our little blooming family to Disneyland, one of mine and John's favorite places, and it's hard not to fall in love with the magic of this place, so, I figured that I would list out some random reasons -- outside of the obvious -- for why I think Disneyland is so wonderful...



Ten Things That Make Disneyland Wonderful:
  1. I love that when I walk down Mainstreet, I get to enjoy the music of Music Man, Oklahoma!, and Hello Dolly.
  2. The best corn dogs in the world can only be found at the small fire truck on Mainstreet.
  3. I love how Mickey can give kisses and wiggle his nose when saying hi to little kids.
  4. The Ragtime pianist is probably one of my favorite street performers in Disneyland.
  5. Even if it's not worth paying for it, you can't beat the smell when you walk by the churro and popcorn stands in the park.... I guess they do that on purpose!
  6. Disney cast members treat each guest as if they are their most special visitor.
  7. Besides Hawaii, the Dole Pineapple Whip (which is incredible) in Adventureland is one of the few places you can find this most refreshing and delightful dessert treat!
  8. Disney is the master of details, for instance, the trash cans throughout the park match each individual land they are located in.
  9. The Baby Care Center on Mainstreet is one the finest family services the park has to offer.  The spot is a haven from tired feet and little tears.  It provides a private nursing room, nice changing room, high chairs, a quiet play area, and some of the nicest cast ladies in the park you will ever meet.
  10. It isn't a complete trip to Disneyland without finishing it off with ice cream.  It may just be Dryer's ice cream, but when it comes from Disneyland, somehow, it's just better.
I'm sure I could have listed at least 20 things I love about Disneyland, but we'll stick to my list of ten for now.  And, as a P.S., I have to give honorable mention to California Adventure Park's new evening show, "World of Color" it is worth every minute waiting for a fast pass or every penny spent on a meal ticket to see this extraordinary feast for the eyes.  It's like the water show at the Bellagio meets all the magic and innovation that Disney has to offer.... truly spectacular!


1 comment:

NH said...

Love Charity at It's a Small World!! I have some amazingly simular of Aunt Elizabeth at It's a Small World from 30+ years ago!