My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Anxious for Autumn

Crisp, crunchy leaves, scarves and sweaters, pumpkin patches and hay rides, hot apple cider and homemade applesauce, warm colors and rich smells... 

...I have never been more ready for the season of fall to begin as I am this year.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, maybe it's the need for a change, but the anticipation is so intense, it's literally making me bonkers.

I love the fall season; everything about it and everything that it brings.  It is my favorite season of the year (save for that short month of December in which we celebrate Christmas).  Some of the best food comes in the fall.  The fragrances are the most delightful. The colors that are attributed to fall -- rich oranges, deep reds and browns, golden yellows -- they are all my favorite colors on the spectrum as well.  And I love busting out fall fashion and wearing cozy sweaters and dawning my scarves.  Just the warmth and festiveness that comes this time of year makes my heart dance and my soul sing!

It's been a long summer.  A long, hot summer.  And finally... FINALLY ...a glimmer of hope.  The weather forecast today finally reported temperatures in the lower 80's.  I'm ready to see the trees change into their autumn attire. I want to begin making my famous apple cider and take Charity to the pumpkin patch.  

I think part of all this anxiousness comes from the fact that I am already experiencing some discomfort in this pregnancy, and I want my favorite time of year to hurry up and get here so I can enjoy it while I still have some mobility and am not completely miserable yet.  I'm nervous that I'm going to be in physical agony a lot sooner this time around.

So, I know that Labor Day is suppose to be that sort of last celebration to bid summer fair-well... 
...I'm ready to ring in autumn.

No comments: