My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Week of Wonderful

Ten Things That Made This Week Wonderful:
  1. Charity calls for her "mama" all the time now.  It took forever for her to use this word with understanding, but now I'm loving it.
  2. Going to the pumpkin patch this week really was fabulous.  Plus I got three very unique pumpkins for our outside entryway.
  3. Finally, I got to complete my festive fall decor for the season.  Decorating feeds my soul!
  4. John and I have been enjoying watching a lot of "I Love Lucy" this week.  We're currently watching the season that covers their European trip, which contains some of the best episodes written!
  5. It was a warm week, but I'm optimistic because the forecast for all next week is in the 70's and cloudy... yay for fall weather!
  6. John watched Charity for three different mornings this week and let me sleep in.  What a darling... it was wonderful!
  7. This Sunday's church service was really great.  Everything from the sunday school hour to the main service... God gave me a good dose of truth that I really needed to hear, and it's always great to walk away from a Sunday feeling encouraged and challenged.
  8. Yesterday I also enjoyed the smell and sound of the rain falling.  I know I won't be excited about rain in a few months, but right now, it is really cozy and refreshing!
  9. Made chicken chowder on Saturday -- a family favorite... and I get to enjoy the left overs tonight!  Yay for yummy left overs!
  10. We had a great youth leader meeting at our home after church.  I hope our awesome volunteers felt as encouraged as I did after our time together.

No comments: