My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Thursday, February 9, 2012

An Explanation

Dear Friends,

It is no mystery that I have been slightly MIA from the blog world in the last 8 months to a year.  Honestly, I have mostly been discouraged to write... In truth, I've been feeling incompetent in comparison to the thousands of mom blogs out there featuring these women that seem to possess super human skill as multi-tasking mom goddesses of craftiness, organization, culinary skills, and design capabilities.  Just poke around the blogosphere.  There are scads of these things out there.  I don't want to pretend to be one them.  
 
I realize some of this comes from the average mom's sheer desire to be able to pat herself on the back for a job well done at the end of a hard day with her children... "look what I can do!"  "look at how I mastered this project"....as much as I love gaining inspiration from all these blogs myself, it all becomes a bit defeating... until I remember that nobody is perfect and we all like to put up a form of facade when we display ourselves to the rest of the world.

So I have determined, that as much as I do like to pass on my discoveries or creative achievements on this blog in hopes that others will be inspired as well, ultimately I desire this space to be one that reflects more my imperfections rather than my "perfections".... and if anything seems to reflect perfection, I can only pass blame to that sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit within me.  Every peanut butter sandwich  made and every project completed and every happy day can be attributed to his mighty work.  But I don't want to forget that I am a fumbling human being.  I am saved by grace alone.  I am otherwise a big mess. We all need to be able to see that the world isn't full of super-moms and over-acheivers, and near-perfect parents.  Most of my days are pretty gritty.

I have been bottling up a lot of things that I have longed to share here over the past six or so months.... from fun creative posts to simple matters of the heart... perhaps it is time to let loose.

More later on this week.  I hope.

Grace and Peace,
Maribeth

No comments: