My Experiences Within Motherhood, & my Attempts to Maintain a Personal Life Outside of It.

My experiences within motherhood and my attempt to maintain a personal life outside of it.
...Here I record my own self discipline: My commitment not to "let myself go". My promise to seek my God and follow my passions.
My attempt to do so despite and amidst the chaos of chasing around my high-energy kids while learning the French culture...

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week of Wonderful - A Weekend in Germany

What a glorious week!  Busy, but wonderful!  It ended with a weekend trip to Germany to celebrate with John's extended family in the 100 year anniversary of his Great Great Grandpa Lehmann's farm.  What a monumental and special event... There will be a full post on this trip later this week.

For now, here are some of the highlights from the week and the trip.

Little Things That Made This Week Wonderful...

  • Summer session of language school is complete.  We have three weeks vacance (vacation) until we start our fall session in September. I am so ready for the break!
  • One of the girls who watches Silas at the garderie (nursery/daycare) at our language school offered to babysit the kids this week so that John and I could have a night out to go see "Now You See Me"  ...the perfect movie for my magician husband.  A really fantastic film, and the French cinema located in Bercy Village, Paris was really excellent! It was so nice to get out without the kids.  It's been a while since our last date night... and I realized probably at least three years since I went to a movie theater with John. Ha!
  • Visited a new country: check!  One of the many pluses of living in Europe: international travel is so feesable and affordable!
  • Friday was our trip to Germany.  We took a very fast train, the TGV, to get there. It traveled at 200 mph and we arrived in only two hours!  How awesome.  Best part:  the kids did great with no restlessness, crying, or catastrophic moments! Double bonus!!
  • German bread and sausage is awesome
  • God gave me a precious gift in discovering extended family I never knew I had.  What an incredible treasure... especially being so far away from family back in the States.
  • We attended a small church in Germany Sunday morning. It doesn't matter what the language, when I hear songs of worship to my King, it always stirs and warms my soul.  It's important to recognize that our family of believers stretches all over the globe, and moments like listening to "He is Exalted" in German help me remember that.
A few more photos from our trip . . .
(more to come with the future post!)



My little ones running through German countryside.  Magic.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great week!